(The following tutorials are from many years back, but are still great references today. Please contact me with any questions.)
3 x 3 Card Box
- Cardstock/DSP is 9 1/4 x 6 1/2 (picture is incorrect)
- Score as indicated – 3/4, 1 1/2, 5, & 5 3/4.
- Score 2, 2 3/4, 6 1/2 & 7 1/4.
Remove sections as indicated.
Below is what it looks like when sections are removed.
Assemble! This generous little box can hold 4-5 3×3 cards with envelopes or Ghiradelli Chocolates quite nicely!
TEA BAG HOLDER
- Cut card stock or DSP to 7 x 7
- Score @ 3 1/2. Rotate. Score @ 3 1/2 again.
- Cut one of the score line until just the center.
- Fold lower bottom up, corner to corner.
- Repeat for other side.
- 2 lower flaps will now be folded up at 45 degree.
- Fold up.
- Fold in half.
- Secure edges with Sticky Strip or Tombow.
CHRISTMAS COOKIE BOX
This was another *pattern* that I just *created*.
- Start with an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock.
- Box Base. Cut it to 4 1/4 x 10 1/2.
- Parallel to the 11 (long) side, score at 1/2 & 3 3/4.
- Score at 5 & 5 1/2.
- Remove the little 1/2 x 1/2 section.
- Apply Sticky Strip to the 1/2 section.
- Fold crease lines in. Remove Sticky Strip to make long thin box.
- Box Base. Cut card stock 4 5/8 x 3 3/8.
- Parallel to the 4 5/8 side, score at 1 1/2 & 2 5/8.
- Score at 5/8 & 4.
- Remove the little 5/8 x 5/8 section.
- Fold crease lines in. Remove Sticky Strip to make box top.
1. Pockets. Score each 8 1/2 x 11 Real Red, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink card stock down the middle at 4 1/4. Rotate. Score each sheet at 3 3/4. That score fold up. Fold the 4 1/4 score back. This makes 2 pockets on each sheet. Repeat with each of the 3 card stock sheets. apply a bit of adhesive along the edge to secure your pockets. Set those aside.
2.Cover/jacket is Bashful Blue cut to 9 1/4 x 7 1/2. Parallel to the 7 1/2 side score at 4 3/8 and 4 7/8. (That makes the 2 score lines 1/2 inch apart.) In light pencil, number these Cover A, B, and C.
3. Spine. Cut the other Bashful Blue to 7 x 5. Score it every 1/2 inch. You should end up with 9 score lines, 10 sections. To help with the remaining directions, in pencil, you can number the lines, 1 to 9, and sections, 1 to 10.
4. From step 3 (scored spine), on sections 3-8, place a small piece of Sticky Strip in each of the 1/2 inch sections at the top and the bottom. Not 1 continuous line though. You should have 6 small pieces at the top, and 6 small pieces along the bottom. Mine were about 1/4 x 3/4 and ran downward. Do not remove the orange top yet.
5. Fan fold score, taped strip. Score line 1 should be up. 2 down. 3 up. 4 down……….
6. Pocket Attachment. (This step is tricky to explain.) Basically, the pockets are open to the back. That will straddle the score lines.
Score line 3 goes with the Real Red , 5 goes with Bashful Blue, and 7 goes with Old Olive. Score lines 1 and 9 are for the attachment to the cover. Peal back Sticky Strips on section 3. Attach 1 side of Real Red to spine. Remove Sticky Strips from section 4. Attach the other side/edge of Real Red. The pockets will be facing out. Do the same for the other 2 pockets. Sections 5 and 6 go with Pretty in Pink. Sections 7 and 8 go with Old Olive. These should now all be accordion attached!
7. Cover Attachment. The numbers on the spine should all be covered with the *pockets* of the book. Flip it over so that the pockets are away from you. Apply small pieces of Sticky Strip to section 2 and 9.
Remove orange backing in section 2 and pinch together with 1. Repeat for section 9 and 10. Section 1 and 10 now face up.
Apply Sticky Strip to section 1 and 10. Take your scored cover and taco fold. Start with attaching the bottom to the cover. You will line up the spine with Cover C. Remove orange backing, attach.
Nothing gets attached to Cover B.
Push your book stack down. Section 1 will get attached to Cover A. Remove orange backing, attach.
Pocket inserts measure 6 1/2 x 3 1/2.
Your organizer/book should be ready to decorate!