Happy Thursday my friends! I’d like to share Create with Connie and Mary newest challenge –
I’ve made lots Christmas cards lately, so I changed it today –
The holiday season can be rough for some people. This is a perfect card for someone who’s having a bit of trouble during the holidays – don’t over look them.
I started with the Work of Art stamp set, (remember that one???) and stamped the lines in So Saffron. I paired the quilt lines with the ‘star’ shapes from the Christmas Quilt stamp set. Old and new!
The finishing touch was embossing the piece with the Quilt Top, also from the Holiday Mini.
The other Design Team members at Create with Connie and Mary created some wonderful cards using these colors. Check them out! If we inspired you, create a card and upload to our Facebook page! We’d love to see you there!
Stampin’ Up Supplies –
- Stamp Set – Work of Art, Christmas Quilt
- Card Stock – So Saffron, Tranquil Tide
- Ink – So Saffron, Tranquil Tide, Calypso Coral
- Other – Quilt Top Embossing Folder
Need more Christmas inspiration? How about checking out the Create with Connie and Mary November Session. These tutorials make planning your holiday cards a snap! You should try them out!
Here is a sneak at the November projects –
Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials :
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring at least three stamp sets
- Additionally, each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online
- Our FABULOUS design team members are – Connie Babbert, Mary Brown, Melissa Davies, Libby Fens, and Debbie Henderson. They always have such GREAT ideas that are perfect and easy to recreate!
Mini sessions are available the 11th of each month (and you’ll have access for up to a year).
Demos…did you know this is a tax deduction for your Stampin’ Up! business? But…you don’t need to be a demo to enjoy our mini-subscriptions!
Check out CREATE WITH CONNIE AND MARY for more details!
We have a sweet color challenge to inspire you today at Create with Connie and Mary –
I think it’s sweet because I created a baby card with the colors and baby cards are always sweet!
Nice, huh? These colors were perfect for a non-gender baby card! Although, today it seems though everyone knows what they are having….
I used an old favorite, Work of Art to create the stripes in each of the challenge colors. I stamped each color three times until almost no more ink on the stamp! The sentiment was stamped full strength each time. Simple to create a dramatic look.
I love this card and can’t wait to find someone to send it to! Any of you expecting and need a handmade card from libbystamps???
You should see how the other Design Team members used the colors. Some equally awesome cards!
If you’d like to create a card and share with our challenge, you can link up on our Facebook page.
- Stamp Set – Work of Art, B.Y.O.P
- Card Stock – So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
- Ink – So Saffron, Peek-a-boo Peach, Sahara Sand
- Other – Petal Burst Embossing Folder, Whisper White Thick Baker’s Twine. Mini Handheld Stapler
The Create with Connie and Mary April Mini Session will soon be open! Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets.
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts.
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips.
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
- The FABULOUS design team designs the projects – Connie Babbert, Mary Brown, Debbie Henderson, Libby Fens, and Melissa Davies! They always have such GREAT ideas that are perfect and easy to recreate!
- Mini sessions are available the 11th of each month (and you’ll have access for up to a year)
- And, if you are a Demo….this is a tax deduction for your Stampin’ Up! business? But…you don’t need to be a demo to enjoy this mini-subscriptions!
So…NOW is a great to subscribe to have all these wonderful ideas right at your fingertips! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary and subscribe today!
Feeling that holiday crunch? I know I am. Glad to have a little ‘me’ time and create a card for Watercooler Wednesday this week.
This is our layout challenge –
Pretty simple I think. It’s a 2 week challenge because of Christmas!!!
I designed this simply cute card –
I made it just in time to mail out!
Pretty simple as you can tell. A one layer card as the sketch required.
I did add dimensionals though! It really added that one last touch!
I hope you can find a little ‘you’ time to play along with our challenge this week over at Watercooler Wednesday. We’d also like you to stop by to see what all we have created too! Working diligently right up until Christmas!
- Stamp Set – Wonderful Year, Work of Art
- Card Stock – Real Red, Whisper White
- Ink – Real Red, Cucumber Crush
Quick post today as it’s MY birthday!!!
But, I wanted to post a card for Nacho Average Challenges before it closes –
Some cool, fun colors, right?
I thought so. And, when I saw these colors, I thought of those handmade blankets from Mexico that you can get, (I got one while I was in college). I created this –
I love the fringe trim!! It just made the blanket!
It’s a rather simple card, but, oh so fun!
The fringe trim on the ‘blanket’ came from the July, What a Gem Paper Pumpkin kit. It was just perfect for this!
I guess I need to send it forward now – so someone else can have a birthday happy!
Have a great day all! I’m off to have some birthday happy myself!!!
It’s been a couple of weeks already! Time for another Try Stampin’ Or Not On Tuesday sketch!
This week we have a fun one –
Challenge #279. Theme : The Wonder Around Us
So after I finish a card I need to put everything away. Everything. But, I don’t. I had last weeks cards sitting in front of me as well as the supplies I used. It was sort of the inspiration for my card this week.
See what I mean?
I really liked creating that plaid background last week. So much that I did it again in two different colors! It’s fresh. It’s fun.
The lemon I thought went well with the colors here. I even used it on the border.
All in all this card is pretty sweet! Don’t you agree? Please do leave a comment. I’d love to read it!
Then hop on over to Try Stampin’ Or Not On Tuesday and see what the others have created. You can play along with us on the website or Facebook too!
Well its Wednesday again. Time for another Watercooler Wednesday challenge.
This week it’s Gail’s turn to host. She went with the very appropriate –
S U M M E R , Clean And Simple too!
If you follow me, you know I can rock a CAS like nobodies business, but this week, I added a twist –
And COLOR! It’s also a little fiesta going along with my summer card!
Surprisingly, I have not made a card with a watermelon slice. Ever. So, why not for this challenge? Watermelon in Texas is sooo summertime!
These colors are quite the eye catcher too. Initially, the elements were on a white card base. It was rather, meh. Boring.
Going through the colors – Daffodil Delight proved to be a real summer winner for me!
I added the ‘thanks’ in the same colors and order as the stripes. It made for a great balance of color. Thanks to myStamp-A-Ma-Jig, I was able to stamp these so evenly!
So. Have I got you in the mood for summer? If so, you should play along with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.
And, please leave me some happy readin’ in the form of a comment!
Supplies used –
- Stamps –Thankful Thoughts (N), Work of Art
- Punches – Tree Builder
- Card Stock – Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Emerald Envy (N), Strawberry Slush, Flirty Flamingo (N), Whisper White
- Ink – Basic Black, Emerald Envy (N), Strawberry Slush, Flirty Flamingo
- Other – Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Sympathy cards. Something you never want to have to make at the time of need. But, you do.
I’ll make this brief. A 3 1/2 x 5 sized card.
The inside sentiment –
As time and memory
may comfort and hope
bloom in your heart.
With sympathy to the Mathis Family –