This is the SECOND of three blog hops for me today!
Please check them all out and leave comments! I’ll be giving away BLOG CANDY to one lucky person who comments on all three posts today!! Here is the giveaway –
Notecards & envelopes, rhinestones, stamp set, clear block and 3 ink spots!!! (Please leave your comments by 10:00 pm CDT.)
On with the projects!
Our theme this month is perfect – watercoloring!
This is not one of my stronger areas in card making so it was fun to be challenged with this.
I went with patriotic colors again creating these –
Of course, a festive 4th card! I used the Happy Birthday Thinlits and just cut them apart! Paired nicely with the Large Numbers Framelits.
And believe it or not, people have birthday on July 4 as well! Lol! I went with a birthday card too also using the Happy Birthday Thinlits!I created the watercolor background easily. This is a fool-proof method.
I placed the watercolor paper on paper towels. I dampened it with a spray bottle of water. I took a clear block and smeared it the ink pad and partially ran it across the wet paper. I cleaned the block and repeated the step in a different ink pad color over the uninked area of the wet watercolor paper . The excess water and coloring that pooled on the edge, I gently wiped off. I let it dry then completed my cards.
Pretty stunning, right? This method made bold watercolor images once dried. I did try a few different techniques.
Before heading over to talented, Mary and her watercoloring, leave me a comment. You know, I’ve got blog candy for a lucky person!!!
- Stamp Set – none!
- Framelits – Happy Birthday, Large Numbers, Wood Crate
- Card Stock – Whisper White, Pacific Point, Silver Glimmer Paper
- Ink – Real Red, Pacific Point
- Other – Watercolor Paper
The new JULY session will soon be here!
Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets
- Additionally, each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online
- Our FABULOUS design team members are – Connie Babbert, Mary Brown, Melissa Davies, Libby Fens, and Debbie Henderson. They always have such GREAT ideas that are perfect and easy to recreate!
Mini sessions are available the 11th of each month (and you’ll have access for up to a year).
Demos…did you know this is a tax deduction for your Stampin’ Up! business? But…you don’t need to be a demo to enjoy our mini-subscriptions!
CREATE WITH CONNIE AND MARY