It’s been a few days since I posted last.
Nice to spend some time designing for Watercooler Wednesday today! Our theme today comes from a new team member –
I went with a fun, traditional color scheme –
…..and, some retiring Designer Series Paper, stamp set and some items carrying over!!!
The Designer Series Paper has lines that make it a little shaded or rough as you can see. When I inked up my stamp, I kept getting that same lines effect! Not really sure how – but it so worked for this card!
I just thought these colors were very guy-ish, summer-ish and just plain fun-ish! Ha, ha, ha!
What do you think? You can check out the other design team cards and link up a card to our challenge on our blog.
- Stamp Set – Celebrate Today (R), Happy Celebration
- Card Stock – Real Red, Dapper Denim
- Ink – Memento Black, Real Red
- DSP – By the Shore
- Punches – Balloon Bouquet
- Other – Project Life Journaling Pen
We are having some beautiful weather here in the Lone Star state! Still, I like to be inside with the blinds open creating!
Today, it’s for, Create with Connie and Mary.
Really nice spring colors! I was a little stumped in my design though.
I created a card for any type of happy news –
You can ‘celebrate’ just about anything! I like these type cards – I can use them when I need them!
The (**no longer available) Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer paper really adds the ‘pop’ this card needed! Don’t you agree?
**This Glimmer Paper was a promotional item for Sale-a-Bration 2017 that has sold out. Until March 31st, you may pick one of these items instead.)
Check out what the other Design Team members created on our blog. Some of the designs, I had an ‘oh, duh, why didn’t I think of that moment’!!!!
You can submit a card using the above colors on our Facebook page. Hope to see you there!
- Stamp Set – Happy Celebrations
- Card Stock – Mint Macaron, Whisper White
- Ink – So Saffron, Sweet Sugarplum, Mint Macaron
- DSP – By the Shore
- Punches – Balloon Bouquet
- Other – Celebrations Duo EF, 6×6 Glimmer Paper
The Create with Connie and Mary March Mini Session is now open! Our mini sessions includes the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets.
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts.
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips.
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
- The FABULOUS design team designs the projects – Connie Babbert, Mary Brown, Debbie Henderson, Libby Fens, and Melissa Davies! They always have such GREAT ideas that are perfect and easy to recreate!
- Mini sessions are available the 11th of each month (and you’ll have access for up to a year)
- And, if you are a Demos….this is a tax deduction for your Stampin’ Up! business? But…you don’t need to be a demo to enjoy this mini-subscriptions!
So…NOW is a great to subscribe to have all these wonderful ideas right at your fingertips! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary and subscribe today!
So, you saw my card Saturday, right? It was a great card. And it almost made the Card Buffet.
But, I felt it lacked something. So, I tweaked it a little. This is the result –
The strips of card stock were just the right touch, you think? I thought it was!
I am more than happy with the results!
And, I turned some new Halloween DSP, Halloween Night Specialty Designers Series Paper, into a non-Halloween card too!
What do you think of the two card versions? Comments are always welcomed!
I have a quick share today before my Card Buffet.
I really love this idea of a simple card and a stepped up version. A lot of stampers go through this process anyway in creating cards. I know I did with this card –
It’s nice. It’s simple. It’d be great for a guy!
Got one for you, any guesses on the DSP?
This card sat on the Buffet board until right before the class.
Stay tuned until tomorrow to see what I did to this card.
On the weekends, I started participating in yet another challenge. This one is on Facebook, Stampin’ Gals Gone Wild. I’m just now getting around to sharing it –
The sketch – simple enough. But, it really caught my eye.
And, my take on it –
Quite cute, right?
Just see all the dimension on the middle piece. Every item popped up! Stunning in person!
Guess what happens when you open this nifty nicely designed card –
Tada! It’s hold a gift card!!
This style of card is quickly becoming my f a v o r i t e !!!!
You know, it’s good ‘card carma’ to leave a comment before closing this out! To do that, scroll back up. The ‘Leave a Comment’ button is under the title of the post. Thanks!
I have a super cute, easy and fun card share today.
It’s my Design Team submission for the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.
The challenge this week –
Anything Goes! These are great challenges! You can use whatever!
I went with this –
I loved the simplicity of the colors, the random balloons and the overall ‘feel’ of the card.
It’s just fun and bright for a birthday of any age!
I used the retired Black Glimmer Paper and, believe it or not, a Sale-a-Bration DSP!
It’s one of those cards that just makes you s m i l e !!
Go check out what the other design team members have created and play along with us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! After all, anything goes!
And, you should practice good ‘card carma’ and leave a comment.
It’s Spring Break and I’ve been busy – So. I have a quick post for you today.
These are the Thanks You cards I made and mailed out to my customers last week –
I needed to make sure they got them before I posted them.
……and, these were the left over cards. Wow, I made too many….that’s ok – I can always use extra cards!
I loved how quickly they came together. I stamped all my sentiments. Punched all the balloons. Cut all the strips. Then, assembly began.
I used the soon to be retiring 2014-2016 In-Colors. I need to stock up on these, have you?
Ok, back to some family fun!