Time for a little fun for Create with Connie and Mary and a blog hop!
Our theme this week is a good one – Re-inker Fun!
The first thing that comes to mind is the shaving cream technique, then the baby wipe technique – both create very interesting backgrounds.
I kept thinking about this idea…….and, I remembered taking re-inkers and dropping a dot of ink onto Shimmery White card stock and dragging a plastic scrapper or credit card along the paper to move the ink. And, that’s what I went with!
The colors I chose were from the brights : Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise. Simply because the re-inker box was conveniently open on my desk! This is what my piece of Shimmery White card stock looked like before trimming it.
For some reason, the Pumpkin Pie only went so far.
I trimmed that off as well as the initial drops where I started. I ended up with this –
I used double dimensionals to really give it the pop up. Behind the white inked and stamped panel and behind the black panel.
Pretty cool don’t you think?
We don’t know before the blog hop goes live what the others have created. I’m just as excited as you are to see what they did with re-inkers! Going forward, you will stop at Debbie Henderson. Back is Mary Brown.
Simple Supplies –
- Stamp Set – All Things Thanks, Coffee Cafe (hearts)
- Card Stock – Whisper White, Shimmery White, Basic Black
- Ink – Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Memento Black
Just letting you know, I’m on the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team too! I create one of the monthly tutorials for them! The fabulous AUGUST session will be available on the 11th!
AUGUST, we are featuring –
- Coffee Cafe Bundle
- Ribbon of Courage
- Feathery Friends
- You Move Me Bundle
- Pieces & Patterns (I designed this one!!!!)
Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets
Additionally, each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online
Our FABULOUS design team members are – Connie Babbert, Mary Brown, Melissa Davies, Libby Fens, and Debbie Henderson. They always have such GREAT ideas that are perfect and easy to recreate!
Mini sessions are available the 11th of each month (and you’ll have access for up to a year).
Demos…did you know this is a tax deduction for your Stampin’ Up! business? But…you don’t need to be a demo to enjoy our mini-subscriptions!
We will have a bonus Holiday project too –
Check out CREATE WITH CONNIE AND MARY for more details.
Happy start of another week! April almost over! Yikes!
At my April Card Buffet, I designed a simple dragonfly card with Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits.
I admit. I hadn’t gotten these until recently – yes, I know they have been all the rage. This turned out to be a popular card too.
It’s simple. It’s clean. It’s cheery. It’s pretty. Agree?
The dragonflies are popped up on dimensionals as if they are flying – so elegant!
And, as a bonus, these thinlits will be in the new catalog! So, they are a good addition to your framelit collection.
- Stamp Set – All Things Thanks
- Framelits – Detailed Dragonfly, Layering Circles
- Card Stock – Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo
- Ink – Memento Black
- DSP – Brights Designer Paper Series Stack
- Other – Basic Black Baker’s Twine
Did you know that I have a tutorial that you can purchase? I do! I am a part of the Create with Connie and Mary team! Every month we create a new set of tutorials for you called Sessions. Show me some love and order one today!
The Create with Connie and Mary April Mini Session is open! Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets.
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts.
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips.
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
- The FABULOUS design team designs the projects – Connie Babbert, Mary Brown, Debbie Henderson, Libby Fens, and Melissa Davies! They always have such GREAT ideas that are perfect and easy to recreate!
- Mini sessions are available the 11th of each month (and you’ll have access for up to a year)
- And, if you are a Demo….this is a tax deduction for your Stampin’ Up! business? But…you don’t need to be a demo to enjoy this mini-subscriptions!
So…NOW is a great to subscribe to have all these wonderful ideas right at your fingertips! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary and subscribe today!
Hi Stampers! Today I have a card I designed for Try Stampin’ on Tuesday.
Challenge #317. Optional Theme : A Ray of Sunshine
What a great challenge to get you to thinking! Wouldn’t you agree?
This is what I came up with –
I think I got it right on the mark! It’s simply fun! Bright too! You almost need sunglasses!
I like the addition of the 2 circles, one in front of the starburst, the other behind. The retired Stampin’ Up Cloudy Day embossing isn’t half bad either! It added just what the card needed!
I hope that I inspired you to create a card using a Ray of Sunshine as your starting point to join us this week! You can link up on our blog or on our Facebook page – so, you have no reason not to show us a project!